CALENDAR OF ACTIVITIES
Swing though a child's paradise... discover the joy of learning.
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Visalia Convention Center
7:30 AM to 4:40 PM
"We are pleased to welcome back artists and educators Stanley & Yolanda Lucero. Stanley and Yolanda will bring music to life in two of our workshops, as well as provide an entertaining and educational lunch time performance. Both have presented at previous conferences and we are pleased to have them join us again this year."
"Come prepared to enter the beautiful world of children's music!"
Canciones en español para niños de la edad preescolar
Nuestros abuelos aprendieron canciones y juegos en español a través de otros niños de habla hispana. Venga preparado e entrar en el hermoso mundo de canciones infantiles. Deje que su imaginación cree nuevas e excitantes actividades basadas en el lenguaje nativo y la cultura de sus ancestros del habla hispana.
Flora, Fauna, Floricanto. Bilingual Children's Book Fair & Picnic. Saturday, June 6, 2009 at San Joaquin River Parkway & Respite by the River [Fresno]. 11 am to 2 pm. See flyer.
Summer Library Schedule 2009
June 16 - Del Rey
June 27 - Piedra & Laton
July 14 - Mendota & San Joaquin
July 21 - Orange Cove
July 27 - Mosqueda Center in Fresno
August 7 - Highway City
National Two Way Conference in Monterey July 6-9, 2009.
Traditional English and Spanish Songs for Your Performing Groups: 7/9/09 8:30-10:15 am
Spanish Children's Songs for Younger Students: 7/9/09 10:15 am - 12:00 pm
- Handout for Children's Songs workshop
FREE CONCERT IN THE PARK
Sunday, July 26, 2009 7-9 p.m.
Lion's Town & Country Park [Madera CA]
Cosecha Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico November 18-21, 2009
Thank you for inviting us to be a part of Cosecha 2009. It is an honor to participate as a musician, guitarist, presenter, exhibitor and, most of all, a friend. If any of you took pictures of us, we would be very happy to recieve copies via email. We will soon be moving the information about the workshops and handouts to the sections entitled Presentations and Calendar of Activities. If you are interested in receiving a copy of a specific powerpoint, please send an email request. We would also appreciate any feedback you are willing to email us about the workshops and other performances. We were able to perform for the students at Cien Aguas, Dolores Gonzalez, and La Escuelita. We also did a Child/Parent evening concert at Cien Aguas. Thank you Dair for inviting me to perform with you throughout the conference. Thank you Ana and Teresa for opening your homes for us. Thank you to the Cosecha Committee for your continued support in more ways than we can express. Abrazos a todos.
Spanish Songs for Día de los Muertos
Rosie Gonzalez-Rogers and Stanley A. Lucero
Sandia & Santa Ana; Thursday 11/19/09; 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Your search for Day of the Dead songs in Spanish is over! Come to this workshop to learn and sing these songs. Compare and contrast Dia de los muertos with Halloween. The cancioneros for this holiday and others can be downloaded from www.lucerito.net. Handout: Cancionero para Dia de los muertos.
New Mexico history through the eyes of Manitos
Lorraine Aguilar and Stanley A. Lucero
Sandia & Santa Ana; Friday 11/20/09; 11:10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
We have both done Social Studies units on family ancestry with our students in New Mexico and California. We have discovered little known New Mexico historical information linked to our newly discovered ancestors, the Tlaxcalan Indians. Now DNA testing is leading us into using Science to confirm our ancestry. Learn about the Tlaxcalan Indians in New Mexico and how to use family history and DNA in your classrooms to preserve our heritage language and culture. Handout: Tlaxcalan Indians and Genealogy Ideas Handout: ¿Quién somos? Who are we?
Children's Games in Spanish
Yolanda Lucero and Stanley Lucero
Apache; Saturday 11/21/09; 8:30 a.m. - 9:50 a.m.
Come and learn fun traditional Spanish songs and games to teach today that involve movement and rhythm! Our grandparents learned to sing these songs when they were children, and they reflect and reinforce our cultural community and family values. Bring back the cultural musical hisstory into your daily curriculum. Teach concepts like body parts, cooperation, teamwork as well as call and response. Guaranteed to get everybody up and moving! Motivate your classroom with music and movement! Handout: Children's Games in Spanish
28th Annual California Kindergarten Conference, Santa Clara Convention Center, January 16-17, 2010
LA COSECHA 2008. November 12-15, 2008 in Santa Fe, New Mexico. - Cancelled due to Yolanda's surgery
Saturday, October 18, 2008. 11 am. Parlier Library.
Saturday, October 4, 2008. Keynote speaker at Fresno City College Early Childhood Education Conference, Fresno, CA.
Saturday, September 28, 2008. 1st Annual Celebration of Library Opening. Mendota, Library, CA.
Saturday, September 20, 2008. The Commonalities / Differences between New Mexico / Tejano Music. Panel workshop with Dr. Manuel Pena, members of the Wild Bunch, and Stanley A. Lucero. Arte Americas, Fresno, CA.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
10 am - Firebaugh Library
2 pm - Tranquility Library - cancelled due to power outage.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
9 am - Gillis Library in Fresno
11 am - Fowler Libary
3 pm - Mendota Library
16th ANNUAL NATIONAL TWO-WAY CONFERENCE. June 30-July 3, 2008 in Newport Beach, CA
LA COSECHA, 2007. November 14-17, 2007. Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town. Albuquerque, New Mexico.
15th ANNUAL NATIONAL TWO-WAY BILINGUAL IMMERSION PROGRAM SUMMER CONFERENCE. July 9-13, 2007. Hyatt Regency Burlingame, 1333 Bayshore Highway, Burlingame, California
- Somos un canto. Wednesday July 11, 3:15 to 4:45 p.m., Regency A
CHICANO ALUMNI FOSTER CHILD CHRISTMAS PROGRAM. Arte Americas, Fresno, CA. Saturday, December 9, 2006. Children's music for participating foster children.
LA COSECHA 2006. Cosechando lo mejor de nuestra comuniday bilingue. November 8-11, 2006. Santa Ana Pueblo, NM
14TH ANNUAL NATIONAL TWO-WAY BILINGUAL IMMERSION PROGRAM SUMMER CONFERENCE. Two-Way Bilingual Immersion: A Dual View of the World. July 18-21, 2006. Long Beach, CA
- Children's Music in Spanish. Wednesday, July 19, 3:15 to 4:45, Beacon B
- Two-Way Genealogy Classroom Ideas, Thursday, July 20, 3:15 to 4:45, Shoreline A
LOS ANGELES COUNTY PARA-EDUCATOR/PARENT CONFERENCE. Thursday, April 20, 2006, Sheraton, Cerritos, CA.
18TH ANNUAL CHILD CARE CONFERENCE. TULARE COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION. Exploring the Magic of Childhood. Saturday, April 1, 2006. Visalia Convention Center, Visalia, CA
- The Magic Combo - Storytelling with Music/El Conjunto Magico - Cuentos y Musica. 12:30-1:15 pm, San Joaquin Rooms A/B
- The Magic Combo - Storytelling with Music/El Conjunto Magico - Cuentos y Musica. 3:00-4:15 pm, San Joaquin Rooms A/B
NATIONAL TWO-WAY BILINGUAL IMMERSION PROGRAM SUMMER CONFERENCE. Promoting Multilingual Communities 2005 - The Year of Languages. July 11-14, 2005. Monterey, CA.
- Children's Music in Spanish. Tuesday, July 13. 3:15-4:45 pm. San Carlos III Room
- I want my children to be truly bilingual. Wednesday, July 13. 10:30 am - 12:00 pm. Santa Barbara Room
AMAE: EDUCACION, CULTURA Y HERENCIA. One Step Forward to Closing the Latino Achievement Gap. 2005 Professsional Development Conference. October 29, 2005. Ramada Inn, Fresno CA.
- Canciones de Ayey y Hoy. Saturday, October 29. 10:15-11:15 am, Shaw B.
12TH ANNUAL NATIONAL TWO-WAY BILINGUAL IMMERSION PROGRAM SUMMER CONFERENCE. Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina,June 29 - July 2, 2004. San Diego, CA
- Imagenes en las canciones de ninos. Thursday, July 1, 2004, 10:30 am - 12:00 pm. Marina III Room.
- Authentic Spanish Assessments using Learner Profile for Two-Way. Wednesday, June 30, 2004, 1:30 - 3:00 pm, Seabreeze (Tech Lab) Room.
CABE 2003. BILINGUAL EDUCATION: A BEACON OF HOPE, A VOICE OF EXCELLENCE, A PATH TO SUCCESS, February 12-15 2003, Los Angeles, California.
- Joint Delegate Assembly Meeting. Stanley A. Lucero, Fresno Madera CABE/CASBE Chapter President, February 12, 2003.
TWO-WAY BILINGUAL IMMERSION CONFERENCE, Fresno-Madera CABE/CASBE Chapter, March 29, 2003, CSUF, Fresno, CA. Stanley A. Lucero, Conference Chairperson.
- Teacher Two-Way Institute: Kindergarten. Rosie Gonzalez & Yolanda Lucero. March 29, 2003, 1:15 pm, Science Building Room 145.
- Middle School & High School Two-Way Bilingual Immersion Programs. Froylan Ramirez & Stanley A. Lucero, March 29, 2003, 1:15 pm, Science Building Room 145.
- Lucerito's Music Booth. Nora Guillen, March 29, 2003, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, Satellite Student Union Building.
2-WAY CABE 2003 11TH ANNUAL NATIONAL TWO-WAY BILINGUAL IMMERSION SUMMER CONFERENCE, July 22-25, 2003, Hyatt Regency, San Francisco Airport, Burlingame, California.
- Imagenes en las canciones de ninos. Stanley Lucero & Yolanda Lucero, 10:30 am, Wednesday, July 23, 2003, Sandpebble D.
LA COSECHA 2003. GROWING CROSS-CULTURAL CONNECTIONS. November 12-15, 2003, Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort, Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico.
- Musica de los ninos en espanol para estudiantes mayores. Stanley Lucero & Yolanda Lucero, Friday, November 14, 2003, 1:30 pm, Tamaya Resort, Rio Grande Room.
- Musica de los ninos en espanol. Stanley Lucero & Yolanda Lucero, Saturday, November 15, 2003, 9:05 am, Tamaya Resort, Badger A & B Rooms.
FARC 2002. READ THE WORD - READ THE WORLD, Fresno Area Reading Council, January 18-19, 2002, CSU -Fresno, Fresno, California
- Children's Songs in Spanish. Stanley A. Lucero, January 19, 2002, 10:00 am, CSU-Fresno.
LA COSECHA 2002 7TH ANNUAL DUAL LANGUAGE CONFERENCE. DEEP ROOTS, HIGH STANDARDS. November 20-23, 2002, Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa, Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico.
- Musica de los ninos en espanol. Stanley A. Lucero & Yolanda Lucero, November 21, 2002, 10:45 am, Council Ballroom.
- Biography. Stanley Lucero and Yolanda Lucero, p 23.
- Identify academic and language proficiency weaknesses in both languages
.Stanley A. Lucero, November 22, 2002, 9:30 am, Badger C.
- Musica de los ninos en espanol. Stanley A. Lucero & Yolanda Lucero, November 22, 2002, 10:45 am, Council Ballroom.
- Musica de los ninos en espanol. Stanley A. Lucero & Yolanda Lucero, November 23, 2002, Badger B & C.
CABE 2001. BILINGUALISM SPELLS SUCCESS IN ANY LANGUAGE, January 31-February 3, 2001, Los Angeles Convention Center, Los Angeles, California
- My Grandparents Sang These Songs as Children. Stanley Lucero & Yolanda Lucero, February 2, 2001, 10:15 am, Los Angeles Convention Center, Concourse Meeting Room 410.
2ND MONTEREY COUNTY EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION CONFERENCE, March 3, 2001, Hartnell College, Salinas, California.
- Music Workshop. Stanley A. Lucero and Yolanda M. Lucero, March 3, 2001, Hartnell College, Salinas, California.
TWO-WAY 2001. NINTH ANNUAL TWO-WAY BILINGUAL IMMERSION SUMMER CONFERENCE. 2001-A Bilingual Odyssey, July 9-12, 2001, Doubletree Hotel, Monterey, California
- Reception. Music by Marimba Lucero, 6:30-7:30 pm, Doubletree Hotel, De Anza Foyer.
- Lucerito's Music Booth. Stanley Lucero & Yolanda Lucero, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, daily, Doubletree Hotel, De Anza Lobby.
- Fiestas y cuento-cantos. Stanley A. Lucero & Yolanda M. Lucero, July 11, 2001, 10:30 am, Doubletree Hotel, Portola Room.
- Fiestas y cuento-cantos. Stanley A. Lucero and Yolanda M. Lucero, July 12, 2001, 9:00 am, Doubletree Hotel, Portola Room.
EOC 2001. CULTIVATING GOOD FRUITS, Economic Opportunity Commission of San Luis Obispo, Migrant Head Start, July 12-15, 2001, Doubletree Hotel, Monterey, California.
- Lucerito's Music Booth. Stanley A. Lucero and Yolanda M. Lucero, July 13-15, daily, Doubletree Hotel, De Anza Foyer.
- Music and Motion with Stanley and Yolanda Lucero. July 15, 2001, 9:30 am, Doubletree Hotel, De Anza I.
TROPICAL FUN IN THE SUN. Kings County Child Care Conference, August 11, 2001, College of the Sequoias Hanford Campus, Hanford, California.
- Keynote Speaker: Stanley A. Lucero
- Workshops on Bilingual Music: Stanley Lucero and Yolanda Lucero, 9:15 am, 10:40 am and 1:30 pm.
LA FERIA DEL LIBRO. Fresno County Public Library, September 22,2001, Eaton Plaza, Fresno, California
- 3:15-4:00 Stanley Lucero on Children's Stage, Children's Music in Spanish
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CONFERENCE. FCAEYC - Fresno County Association for the Education of Young Children, September 29, 2001, Radisson Hotel and Conference Center, Fresno, California.
- Children's Music in Spanish. Stanley A. Lucero and Yolanda M. Lucero, 11:30 am, Salon A1.
CMN 2001. 11TH ANNUAL GATHERING. The Children's Music Network, October 12-14, 2001, Walker Creek Ranch, Petaluma, California.
- Children's Music in Spanish. Stanley Lucero, October 13, 2001, 4:30 pm, Walker Creek Ranch, Muir.
TWO-WAY 2000. EIGHT ANNUAL BILINGUAL IMMERSION SUMMER CONFERENCE. Leading the Way! July 16-19, 2000, Hyatt Regency Hotel, Long Beach, California.
- Reception. Music by Marimba Lucero, 6:30-7:30 pm, July 16, 2000, Hyatt Hotel, Lobby.
- Lucerito's Music Booth. Nora Guillen, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm daily, Hyatt Hotel Regency Foyer.
- Dos voces - un espiritu. Stanley A. Lucero & Yolanda Lopez Lucero, July 17, 2000, 10:30 am, Hyatt Hotel, Beacon B.
- Getting Graphic: Second Year Language Acquisition Results. Stanley A. Lucero, Yolanda Lopez Lucero, & Dennis Sayers, July 16, 2000, 1:30 pm, Hyatt Hotel, Harbor A B C.
- General Session. A Celebration of Language, Culture and Possibilities for the Future, Jose Luis Orozco, Stanley A. Lucero, Matthew Gollub, Michele Serros, Korean Dancers, Japaneses Dancers, & Ballet Folklorico, July 19, 2000, 10:30 am, Hyatt Hotel, Regency Room.
- Dos voces - un espiritu. Stanley A. Lucero & Yolanda Lopez Lucero, July 19, 2000, 9:00 am, Hyatt Hotel, Beacon B.
CABE MAS: MAINTAINING ACADEMIC SUCCESS, Fresno-Madera CABE/CASBE Chapter, November 13, 1999, CSU-Fresno, Satellite Student Union, Fresno, California. Stanley A. Lucero, Conference Chairperson.
- Lucerito's Music Booth. Nora Guillen, All Day, Satellite Student Union.
- Dos voces un espiritu. Stanley A. Lucero, Nora Guillen, & Martha Rodriguez, 1:00 pm, CSU-Fresno, Music Building, Room 160.
FOURTH ANNUAL COLLABORATION: THE KEY TO SUCCESS. A Bilingual Special Education Conference, January 31, 1998, Merced College, Merced, California.
- Lucerito's Music Booth. Stanley A. Lucero and Yolanda M. Lucero
CABE 1998 - San Jose. February 3-8, 1998.
- Joint Delegate Assembly Meeting. Stanley A. Lucero, Fresno Madera Chapter President & Yolanda M. Lucero, Fresno Madera Chapter Member, February 3, 1998.
- Un Espiritu Tres Voces. Stanley Lucero, Linda Quiroz, & Yolanda Lucero. February 6, 1998, 2:00 pm, Fairmont Hotel, Garden Room.
- Music and Storytelling in the Two-Way Immersion Classroom. Yolanda Lucero, Stanley Lucero, & Linda Quiroz. February 6, 1998, 3:45 pm, Fairmont Hotel, Valley Room.
- Un Espirtu. Linda Quiroz, Stanley Lucero, & Ovidio Martinez. February 6, 1998, 12:30 pm, Exhibit Stage
- Booth 247. Stanley Lucero & Linda Quiroz.
TWO-WAY 1998 - SIXTH ANNUAL TWO-WAY BILINGUAL IMMERSION SUMMER CONFERENCE. Two-Way Bilingualism at its Best! June 28 - July 1, 1998, Fess Parker's Doubletree Resort, Santa Barbara, California
- Children's Music in Spanish. Stanley A. Lucero & Yolanda M. Lucero, June 29, 1998, 1:45 pm, Doubletree Resort, Santa Rosa West Room.
CENTRAL VALLEY CHILDREN'S SERVICE NETWORK. Un Estupendo Sabado de Talleres, July 11, 1998, Calvary Presbyterian Church, Fresno, California
- Hispanic Folkore Music. Stan Lucero, 8:30 am, Room 4, Fresno, California
- Musica Folklorica Hispana. Stan Lucero, 9:30 am, Room 4, Fresno, California
SALINAS CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT. August 4-6, 1998, Salinas, California.
- Music Presentations to Migrant Students. Stanley Lucero & Yolanda Lucero, August 4-6, Salinas, California.
CELEBRATING EXCELLENCE. 8th Annual Fresno-Madera Chapter CABE/CASBE Bilingual Education Conference, November 8, 1997, Fresno City College Cafeteria, Fresno, California. Stanley A. Lucero, Conference Chair and Chapter President.
- Lucerito's Music Booth
25TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE, THE NEW MEXICO ASSOCIATION FOR BILINGUAL EDUCATION. BILINGUAL EDUCATION CELEBRATING 25 YEARS OF SUCCESS: Connecting New Mexico Schools with Language Minority Americans, February 1-3, 1996, Convention Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Turquoise - Children's Music in Spanish. Turquesa - Musicas de los ninos en espanol. Stanley Lucero, February 1, 1996, 2:30 p, Convention Center, Cochiti Room.
- Lucerito's Music Booth. February 1-2, 1996, Convention Center, Northwest Exhibit Hall.
ASSEMBLIES, WORKSHOPS AND CLASSROOM VISITS. May 6-7, 1996, Indio, California.
- Valley View School presentations. Stanley A. Lucero, May 6-7, 1996, Indio, California.
- Bobby Duke School presentations. Stanley A. Lucero and Yolanda M. Lucero, May 6, 1996.
- Cesar Chavez School presentations. Stanley A. Lucero and Yolanda M. Lucero, May 7, 1996.
- Children's Music in Spanish. Teacher Inservice, Stanley A. Lucero and Yolanda M. Lucero, May 7, 1996.
PARA-EDUCATOR / PARENT CONFERENCE, CABE. October 28, 1996, Bakersfield Convention Center, Bakersfield, California.
- Turquoise-Children's Music. Stanley A. Lucero & Yolanda M. Lucero, 9:45 am, Bakersfield Convention Center, Cotton Room.
- Turquesa-Musica de los ninos. Stanley A. Lucero & Yolanda M. Lucero, 11:30 am, Bakersfield Convention Center, Cotton Room.
Assemblies and Classroom Visits. Stanley A. Lucero & Yolanda M. Lucero, May 4-6, 1988, Fallbrook Union Elementary School District, Fallbrook, California
Updated August 2, 2010